Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weeks 3 & 4: Ontario, Canada (London and Waterloo)

 *Note: This post was published a bit after the fact ;)

Tuesday afternoon, I was told that I had a 6am flight Friday morning from Reno, NV to Ontario, Canada. No big deal. So, with two and a half days notice, I packed up my bags and headed off to Canada - leaving my original partner Meetal, and the familiar West Coast of the U.S. behind me.

After zero hours of sleep, 12 hours on a plane, 2 layovers, and a labored sprint across 3 airport terminals, I miraculously made it to London - London, Canada, that is - where we plan to spend the week at the University of Western Ontario, one of the largest and most beautiful campuses I've ever seen.

From the time first stepped on campus, I couldn't help but make excessive Harry Potter parallels - stone buildings with tall, angular spires; green and red ivy crawling up the sides. Students in boots and scarves, flooding in and out of lecture halls with over 700 students. (See below for a relatively small room, normally filled with students on a busy school day.)

Canada: it's only been a day here so far, and I'm already impressed and intimidated by you.


No comments:

Post a Comment