Saturday, August 21, 2010

An Introduction

My luggage, in all of its glory.
This isn't the first time I've attempted to fit my life into a suitcase. First, there was freshmen year of college... but that turned into a suitcase + bike + overstuffed U-Haul. Then there was Greece. Mom talked me into using space bags to keep my clothes organized (good idea, in theory) and I returned with a pile of crumpled space bags, and an extra backpack filled with souvineers. (Highlight: the ash try I bought at a flea market, convinced that it was a relic from ancient Greece.) Then of course there was Australia... a nice intro to ISV's "no worries, just pack 3 seasons into a backpack!" mentality, and a year later Spain, which finally adjusted me to this whole nomadic lifestyle of grabbing a pair (or in my case, a pile) of clothes for the road, and hoping for the best in my next adventure.

So fittingly, that's why I created this blog. Travel for me started as a bug, and has now turned into a lifestyle. It all started with a study abroad stint, then perpetuated into a volunteer project, a longer study abroad stint, visiting friends in Europe, and now my first post-college job as a traveling recruiter for International Student Volunteers, a non-profit company with headquarters in Sydney, Australia and Yourba Linda, California.

"Where the hell is Michelle?" started as a joke refering to the FAQ among my family and friends, but now, I've decided that it will be my *official* blog for the next indefinite period of time that I'm traveling, working, and living out of a gaudy fuchsia suitcase.

So follow me to the mountains, the beach, universities in big cities and in the middle of nowhere... or wherever the hell else I end up. Life is always an adventure, and I hope to share mine with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment