Sunday, August 29, 2010

Big Bear: Week Two

Pretty typical study break in the cabin
Apparently, it's Saturday. I had no idea what day of the week it was until I turned my phone back on this morning and noticed. The last week has flown by... every day more packed and blurred, with fits of hysterical laughter, hours of midterm-week style studying, spontaneous games and dance parties, and a generous dose of sleep deprivation.

It's amazing how quickly we've all bonded with each other - a week in, and I've already found myself saying "keen" and adding "as" to the ends of words, (favorite phrase of the day: "mates as!" - meaning "great friends") and making jokes at and nicknames for people who eight days ago were complete strangers. ISV always has a way of doing that somehow - "bringing likeminded people together," (as I've memorized from my meeting script) but really. I can't believe that these passionate and extroverted fellow travel addicts aren't just new friends ... they're coworkers. And in four short days we'll all  be out there on our own to do our job - afterall, that's why we're all here. But I'm still going to miss this little summer camp and those crazy Australasians. 


No comments:

Post a Comment